To be Eligible, an Individual Must:
- have earned a minium amount of wages,
- be able to work, available for work and actively seeking work, and
- register for work with the Department of Employment and Training (unless exempt by law)
How to File for Benefits:
- Visit the nearest Unemployment Insurance Claims Office
- When filing, the following information will be requested:
- Social Security Card (may substitute W2 or pay stub with name and socual security number imprinted on it, accompanied by a government-issued photo identification, such as a driver's license),
- Work History - names and addresses of all employers over the last 18 months. Veterans for whom military service falls within the last 18 months must present a DD 214 (Member 4) form in order to file for benefits
- Reason for loss of job
For more information about filing an unemployment claim, please refer to the claimant handbook.
Claimant Portal Registration:
After filing a valid claim for unemployment benefits you need to register with our CLAIMANT PORTAL. The portal will allow you to submit information to our offices or print forms that are required for your claim.
Use of Employer Information:
In accordance with 20 CFR Part 603, confidential information regarding an individual's unemployment insurance claim may be requested and utilized for other governmental purposes, including, but not limited to, verification of eligiblity under other government programs.